Thursday, August 12, 2010


U-Pick Raspberries at Garcia's Farm!

Holy Raspberries!! 2.5 gallons later we are on our way to making Raspberry Rhubarb Jam! What a great way to spend a couple hours with your family! We were in awe of the unlimited supply they had. The golden ones are my favorite. They are so much sweeter than the red ones...but alas had to get red ones too. :)
My 6 year old picked his own bucket and told me I wasn't allowed to make jam with his but was excited that he could have homemade jam on his pb&j's for kindergarten....my 2 year old chose to pick and eat the ENTIRE time! :) Fun times had by all. Make it out and support a local farmer if you can. $4/lb....can't beat that!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
South Central, Alaska, United States
Love, joy, procrastination, and frustration of a Urban Alaskan Gardener Cook and most importantly Mother of three.... It might not always be pretty but I wouldn't trade it for anything! Life long Alaskan who really does not enjoy the ever so long winters. However, I live for my summers. My body decides that when the light comes (and let me tell you we get a lot), sleep no more, have time to make up for. I enjoy cooking/baking/decorating but my passion is gardening. I always set out for things to be perfect but usually settle for a lot less because frankly I don't have the time or patience (3 children under the age of 5 need I say more...oh yeah...and a husband:) So to sum me up I'm an introverted, detail oriented, procrastinator that hates to be late for anything and rarey finishes a project. I love my family and friends and throughly enjoy being able to take care of my children and watch them grow everyday!