Tuesday, May 11, 2010


Strawberry Banana Smoothie! YUM! "MOM can you make a smovie?"... " Mom me too luv mooie "

I am not kidding when I say that I make this smoothie for my kids (and myself) at least 4 times a week. We don't have a problem with consuming fruit in our house but if you do this helps you get your 5 fruits. I make all sort of varieties to this recipe but they all have similar ingredients. We have them for breakfast and dessert.

I always start out with yogurt (whatever I have on hand, plain or flavored)
I always add a banana because it keeps the smoothie from separating, they are always at my house
I add frozen strawberries because I can always have them on hand and they are cheaper. I thaw them slightly before blending but I like them partially frozen for a really thick smoothie.
I always add a pro biotic and ground flax seed in my smoothies because both are REALLY good for you and you CAN'T taste them when I put them in this way.

I don't add any sugar and I have a sweet tooth so if I think it doesn't need it then trust me... don't waste your calories on adding any.


I love using the mixed berries too but they disappear quickly at my house. Really I think almost any fruit would work


Try your own combination. If you have one that is yummy please share.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
South Central, Alaska, United States
Love, joy, procrastination, and frustration of a Urban Alaskan Gardener Cook and most importantly Mother of three.... It might not always be pretty but I wouldn't trade it for anything! Life long Alaskan who really does not enjoy the ever so long winters. However, I live for my summers. My body decides that when the light comes (and let me tell you we get a lot), sleep no more, have time to make up for. I enjoy cooking/baking/decorating but my passion is gardening. I always set out for things to be perfect but usually settle for a lot less because frankly I don't have the time or patience (3 children under the age of 5 need I say more...oh yeah...and a husband:) So to sum me up I'm an introverted, detail oriented, procrastinator that hates to be late for anything and rarey finishes a project. I love my family and friends and throughly enjoy being able to take care of my children and watch them grow everyday!